Head of Customer Success
Agora is working towards a new paradigm for group collaboration by creating the tools for communities to work together onchain. This is not yet-another-productivity-saas. We believe that to enable the next era of collaboration, we need software that can bend current and create new incentives. No amount of removing friction will change how we work together if our reward functions are misaligned.
So to this end, Agora is working tirelessly on the best end-to-end governance platform for crypto protocols – the first instance of at scale onchain collaboration. Leading communities like Optimism, ENS, Uniswap, Nouns, and more rely on Agora to coordinate their community around critical protocol upgrades, ecosystem funding, and steward their ecosystem for the future.
But that’s not where we stop. Our goal is to build deep collaboration tools for people who couldn’t care less about crypto so that one day (soon), your friends back home are using Agora without ever knowing we’re on Ethereum.
What you'll do
This is not your typical CSM role. You will be part product manager, part customer success, part account management, and part community manager. Your responsibility is to do whatever necessary to ensure that Agora's users and stakholders are able to accomplish their goals – and to this end, will be given direct control over the roadmap and engineering resource to resolve customers' needs. This role could be the right fit if you're:
- In CSM and leveling up your process and system design chops
- Coming from CSM / Community / Marketing / Account Management and transition to Product Management
- Coming from Product Management, and want to hone your business skills to start your own company
What we are looking for
We’d love to work with someone who is:
- Understands business, but also product + engineering. You get that the purpose of a great product is fundamentally to solve the needs of the customers. You appreciate the tradeoffs and tension, yet you’re deeply empathetic to the customer at heart.
- While you enjoy the complex and strategic problems, you also like rolling up your sleeves and debugging minor issues, getting your hands dirty.
- Not afraid, but rather excited by the routine work of backlog grooming, consolidating feedback, and checkins with your stakeholders. You’re organized, diligent, and appreciate that the consistent routine work is what separates operational excellence from good.
- Comfortable managing and working with a variety of stakeholders. Managing up, down, sideways.
- Love governance like us :)
- Bonus if you’re technical or able to design! (this can mean any STEM background or self-taught)
What we offer
- Ownership – both in responsibility and equity. We’re a small team with high trust and expectations of each other. We want you to own a sizable chunk of of the product and company, and structure our compensation accordingly.
- Competitive benefits – in addition to good health and dental benefits, we trust all employees with a no-limit company card and equal access to our executive assistant to use however they see fit to increase their productivity.
- A strong team – we’re a small team that values experience, character and integrity. You’ll work with peers you respect, and who respect you.
- A seat at the table – you will come to all off sites, and be part of all strategic discussions. We’re hiring for a technical leader, and will treat you as such.
- A path to grow – our goal is to retain all early hires as senior leaders as the company scales. We believe folks with the best expertise and deep context should lead organizations, even if they don’t traditionally self-identify as people managers.
- Remote friendly, but PST or EST timezones preferred.
How to Apply
Apply Here. Please include a link to your resume or profile.